Tomato and basil, the two most popular ingredients from Italy. Fresh tomatoes and fresh basil based dishes are a perfect combo. They are like Bread-Butter, Tom-Jerry or even Vikram-Betaal 🙂 Totally inseparable! They taste so good in this tomato basil pizza that you would want to make it right away.
A little preparation can help you make this tomato basil pizza in very little time. Fresh juicy tomatoes are added in 2 forms, one is in paste form added to this basic tomato pizza sauce. The other form is halved cherry tomatoes topped all over. Sliced regular tomatoes can be added or grape tomatoes, whatever you have on hand.
At home, we prepare whole wheat thin crust pizza, I make the crust really thin and have a generous amount of toppings. I always fear that I will add a whole lot that I would not be able to slice my pizza. But that’s not a bad thing 🙂
I use my standard whole wheat pizza base for most pizzas. Do try fig and goats cheese pizza. More tomato based recipes. Of course, more Italian recipes.
Pizza and pasta recipes!
- Assemble all ingredients, mentioned in list
- Roll out the pizza and carefully place it on pizza tray
- Poke all over with a fork to prevent it from puffing up while baking
- To start with, add a dollop of tomato pizza sauce
- Using circular motion, smear sauce all over
- Place sliced mozzarella/pizza cheese
- Sprinkle grated parmesan all over
- Dot halved cherry tomatoes on top of pizza
- Carefully, place few basil leaves
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 Deg C for 8-10 minutes or till done. This recipe is for 2 thin crust pizzas and toppings amount for 2 pizzas
- Slice, serve and enjoy hot!
Sprinkle oregano and black pepper on top if desired
Fresh basil tastes best!
Use store bought pizza base if you want
Tomato Basil Pizza Stepwise:
Roll out the pizza and carefully place it on pizza tray. Poke all over with a fork to prevent it from puffing up while baking
Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 Deg C for 8-10 minutes or till done. This recipe is for 2 thin crust pizzas and toppings amount for 2 pizzas