Love to munch on something and craving for something sweet? Brunch bars that you can buy in shops are too sweet and they have preservatives. So why not try making a big batch of these fun flavoured orange oat bars to snack on!
These orange oat bars need not be only orange flavoured. They can be made to suit your taste, plum, strawberry, mixed fruit, cherry, cranberry etc. I have made these orange oat bars with homemade orange marmalade. Mouthwatering, eh!
They make for a great snack especially for you on the go! Crunch of oats along with the flavour of your favourite fruit preserves. Super fun to eat for kids and adults alike. A glass of milk or some hot chocolate or bournvita along with this orange oat bar will make your kid look forward to evening time snacks. The healthy way!
I learnt this recipe from The Pioneer Woman and immediately loved this recipe. I have tried this recipe with different flavours, orange and cranberry are my favourites 🙂
Orange based recipes like eggless orange muffins, eggless honey cake. Try other baked recipes like cinnamon rolls and dil pasand, yum!
Try other oat recipes from FOI. More snack recipes and most importantly here are some more kid friendly recipes…
- 1 Cup refined flour
- ½ Cup whole wheat flour (atta also works)
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 150 Gm cold butter
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1½ Cups oats (regular porridge oats)
- ¾ Cup orange marmalade
- ¼ Cup candied orange bits (optional)
- Sift flours, baking powder, salt
- Tip in oats and brown sugar
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Next comes the turn of diced cold butter,
- Rub the butter in well till crumbed using pastry cutter or fork
- Add half mixture to greased baking pan
- Press with the back of a spoon
- Spread marmalade, spread evenly and slowly, do not drag the mixture when spreading the marmalade
- Sprinkle over orange bits
- Spread remaining oats mixture on top. Pre-heat oven to 180 Deg C
- Bake at 180 C for 30 mins in pre-heated oven or till golden on top and done
- Cut into bars when slightly cooled
- Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Use any flavoured fruit jam, preserve, marmalade you like
Ensure butter is cold and not soft
Orange Oat Bars Stepwise:
Sift flours, baking powder, salt
Tip in oats and brown sugar
Mix all dry ingredients together
Next comes the turn of diced cold butter
Rub the butter in well till crumbed using pastry cutter or fork
Add half mixture to greased baking pan
Press with the back of a spoon
Spread marmalade, spread evenly and slowly, do not drag the mixture when spreading the marmalade
Sprinkle over orange bits
Spread remaining oats mixture on top. Pre-heat oven to 180 Deg C
Bake at 180 C for 30 mins in pre-heated oven or till golden on top and done
Cut into bars when slightly cooled
Enjoy with a glass of milk!