Mango season means fresh mango recipes on Food Of Interest. Throughout the year I am on the look out for nice mango recipes which I can make when the mango season arrives. I dream about mangoes imagining the recipes and how they will turn out when I actually make them. Such is the power of mangoes, the ‘king of fruits’. So this time after last week’s raw mango jam recipe, here I am, with a frozen mango yogurt or mango froyo recipe.
Mango froyo has a few simple items, ripe mangoes, fresh thick whisked yogurt. To balance the flavours, there is fresh lime juice and lime zest and some honey to sweeten things up a bit. The creamy mangoes blend into the creamier yogurt. You then get the sour notes of the zest and juice of lime with the honey rounding up all the sharp flavours.
This is a low calorie dessert with mango goodness and fun! One can dig right in into this mango froyo because frozen yogurt desserts are the ‘in’ thing. Along with ice creams such as tutti frutti, vanilla or strawberry we have a new entrant, a new show-stopper! So try this mango recipe this summer! More mango recipes:
Mango kulfi etc!
- ½ Cup beaten/whisked thick yogurt/Greek yogurt
- 250 Gm cubed mangoes
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tsp lime juice
- ½ Tbsp zested lime
- Gather all the ingredients, cubed mango, honey, lime and yogurt
- Wash, wipe and zest the green part of the lime
- In a blender, add cubed mango
- Next pour thick yogurt
- Some sweet runny honey can go in next
- Blend all ingredients into a smooth and thick mixture
- Squeeze in juice of half the zested lime and add in a little zested lime
- Pour the blended mixture into a pan
- Tap the pan on the counter lightly to remove air bubbles
- Next cover with cling wrap or lid
- Freeze this for a few hours, 5-6 hours or overnight
- Scoop out the frozen yogurt, sprinkle with zested lime, serve!
Likewise also ensure the mangoes or sweet and not sour
You can also choose to add sugar instead of honey
Zest only the green part of the lime, the white part of the skin will be bitter
Mango Froyo Stepwise:
Gather all the ingredients, cubed mango, honey, lime and yogurt
Wash, wipe and zest the green part of the lime
In a blender, add cubed mango
Next pour thick yogurt
Some sweet runny honey can go in next
Blend all ingredients into a smooth and thick mixture
Squeeze in juice of half the zested lime and add in a little zested lime
Pour the blended mixture into a pan
Tap the pan on the counter lightly to remove air bubbles
Next cover with cling wrap or lid
Freeze this for a few hours, 5-6 hours or overnight
Scoop out the frozen yogurt, sprinkle with zested lime, serve!