This sesame seeds gojju is both a gojju and a chutney. It is very tasty because of the various kinds of flavours, bitterness, light oiliness from sesame seeds, sweetness from jaggery and coconut and sourness from tamarind, spiciness from red chillies. The perfect balance for your palate. Try this with uddina bhaat, the combination is a delicacy.
- 2 Tbsp white sesame seeds/yellu/til
- 2 dry red chillies
- ¼ Cup grated coconut
- 1 small piece or ½ Tbsp jaggery
- 1 Tsp tamarind paste or thick pulp
- Salt to taste
- Lightly roast sesame seeds till they are light golden
- Add dry red chillies and lightly roast them. Turn off heat
- In a mixer grinder, add sesame seeds and red chillies. To this add grated coconut
- Add jaggery piece
- Add tamarind paste
- Add salt to taste
- Grind into a paste like a chutney. Serve with uddina bhaat as an accompaniment
Add tempering/tadka of mustard, hing and dry red chillies if you want.
Grind into a paste like a chutney. Serve with uddina bhaat as an accompaniment