A hot cup of tea or coffee is always refreshing. Sometimes you can indulge a bit and choose something like hot chocolate. Today let’s take indulgence a little further and serve up white hot chocolate. White Hot chocolate is decadent and fancy!
White hot chocolate, as you have guessed, has white chocolate, what are the odds. Infact white chocolate is not chocolate at all, it is made of cocoa butter, a by-product of making regular dark/milk chocolate. Here I have used some cooking white chocolate (the kind that is used for baking). But any brand of white chocolate will do.
It gets ready in no time at all. I have added some extra flavours in my white hot chocolate. Those flavours are vanilla and orange, just ensure to use the real thing and not artificial ones. If artificial I would rather skip them and not use it at all.
Try more beverage recipes from FOI, spiced green tea, kesar haldi doodh, badam milk with homemade powder. Try more chocolate recipes from FOI, chocolate pancakes, chocolate brownies, chocolate cake, homemade chocolates – guess what, they are all eggless!
- 50 Gm or ½ Cup chopped white chocolate
- 2 Cups full fat milk/whole milk
- Few drops vanilla bean paste or good vanilla
- Few drops orange extract (optional)
- Pour the milk in a thick bottomed pan/vessel and begin to heat on low flame
- Meanwhile chop up the white chocolate
- When the milk just scalds (not boiling) stir the milk slowly
- Drop in the chopped white chocolate
- Scrape in the vanilla bean paste and add a few drops of orange extract
- Turn off the heat, mix till all chocolate melts
- Pour into a tall glass or a latte mug and enjoy!
You can choose to skip both vanilla and orange extracts
You can also make this vegan by using a vegan white chocolate and using a non-dairy milk like almond milk, soy milk or coconut milk
White Hot Chocolate Stepwise:
Pour the milk in a thick bottomed pan/vessel and begin to heat on low flame
Meanwhile chop up the white chocolate
When the milk just scalds (not boiling) stir the milk slowly
Drop in the chopped white chocolate
Scrape in the vanilla bean paste and add a few drops of orange extract
Turn off the heat, mix till all chocolate melts
Pour into a tall glass or a latte mug and enjoy!