A bowl of hot noodles on a cold winter evening is food and nourishment to the body and soul. Very comforting and refreshing dish is this sesame noodles. With mild flavours of sesame oil and the crunch of toasted sesame seeds makes this the ultimate sesame noodles.
It has the perfect balance of flavours from vinegar, soya sauce and the hint of garlic. This is very very easy to make. Just throw in noodles in hot water and cook it according to package instructions. Meanwhile you can prepare the extremely flavourful sesame sauce to pour over hot noodles.
Then serve sesame noodles immediately just on its own or with some stir fry. I made broccolini/broccoli stir fry to go with sesame noodles and enjoyed it on a rainy Saturday afternoon. I have adapted this recipe from thepioneerwoman.
Also try this veg hakka noodles from foodofinterest. More sesame recipes from FOI. Enjoy the benefits of this nutty nutritious seed with these recipes!
- 300 Gm or 2 Cups cooked noodles
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- ½ Tbsp rice vinegar/regular vinegar
- ½ Tbsp edible sesame oil
- ½ Tbsp chilli oil (or regular olive oil)
- 1 clove grated garlic
- ½ Tsp freshly pound black pepper powder
- ½ Tsp sugar
- ½ Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 or 2 sliced spring onions
- Cook noodles as per package instructions. Toss noodles in a little oil
- In a small mixing bowl, pour in soya sauce and vinegar
- Next pour in both oils
- Whisk till oil mixes well with sauces. Now add grated garlic and whisk again
- Pour this mixture over hot noodles
- Toss noodles till all the oil an sauce mixture gets coated with the noodles
- Add black pepper powder and toss again
- Sprinkle sliced spring onions
- Toss in the toasted sesame seeds
- Sprinkle sugar and salt and adjust seasoning
- Serve immediately with stir fry of your choice. Do not forget to sprinkle more spring onions and toasted sesame seeds on top before serving
Add seasoning as per your liking
Edible sesame oil is available in all grocery stores
Sesame Noodles Stepwise:
Serve immediately with stir fry of your choice. Do not forget to sprinkle more spring onions and toasted sesame seeds on top before serving