Milkshakes are a common appearance in my kitchen every other day. We love our milkshakes and whip up simple ones like this papaya banana milkshake. Milkshakes can be made with almost any fruit except probably barring a few sour fruits.
Smoothies and milkshakes are an easy way of getting kids to consume some fruits. Although eating whole fruits is the best way to consume required fruit intake milkshakes can still be quite useful to as they are easy to digest. In the process, kids can also get their calcium intake.
To make this papaya banana milkshake vegan, use any vegan milk like almond milk and skip honey. Little sugar can also be use to sweeten your milkshake or skipped entirely.
Try more milkshake recipes from FOI like this musk melon milkshake, mango milkshake. Don’t forget to try more banana recipes…
- 1 small papaya
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 Tsp honey
- 2 Cups cold milk
- Cut the papaya lengthwise, scoop out the seeds with a spoon
- Next scoop out the flesh of the papaya with a spoon and discard the skin
- Slice banana and add into a blender
- Whip up bananas till smooth
- Blend papaya with the bananas till nice and smooth
- Squeeze honey and pour milk and blend till smooth
- Serve chilled
Add vegan milk if preferred
Add sugar instead of honey or skip sweeteners
Chill for more time if desired
Use any kind of milk you have on hand, full cream (whole), skimmed milk etc