A nice cup of warm milk always sounds soothing. If it is made from an instant powder it is very quick to make a glass! This homemade instant badam milk powder exactly serves that purpose.
This homemade instant badam milk powder is fragrant with spices like kesar-elaichi. This powder is also MTR style, the nice aromatic powder you get to buy in stores. This powder can be made and stored for several days.
Are you bored of drinking coffee? (real coffee lovers aren’t, I know :)) But are you trying to cut down on coffee/tea? Also if you are trying to avoid fizzy drinks then this homemade instant badam milk powder can be consumed. This also makes a great drink to consume for a good night’s sleep.
It is easy to make warm milk with this homemade instant badam milk powder. Just heat milk, mix in 1-2 heaped Tsp of this powder, mix and serve! As simple as that! To make this cold, cool mixed milk to room temperature, then chill.
I have posted kesar haldi doodh (aka turmeric latte) and spiced green tea for alternative beverage choices. Try this recipe from FOI! For a cold milk drink, try pista elaichi doodh.
- 1 Cup almonds/badam with skin
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 big pinches saffron
- 15 green cardamom/elaichi
- 2 Cups milk
- 2-3 Tsps of above powder
- Lightly toast almond in warm pan for 2 minutes, do NOT roast. Let it cool
- Blitz cardamom and ½ Cup sugar, add to mixing bowl
- Blitz half almonds till powdered, do not over powder it, add to mixing bowl
- Now blitz half of remaining sugar (3/4 Cup) with saffron. Add to bowl
- Repeat with almonds, add to same bowl, then again with rest of sugar
- Mix everything well. Badam milk powder is ready
- To make milk, heat 2 Cups milk, add 2-3 heaped Tsp of this powder. Mix well, warm through. Serve hot!
I have used organic unrefined sugar, use regular granulated if you want
Whole milk/Full cream milk tastes best
Do NOT over roast and over blitz almonds as they will turn oily
You can mix this with almond milk to keep it vegan
Homemade Instant Badam Milk Powder Stepwise:
To make milk, heat 2 Cups milk, add 2-3 heaped Tsp of this powder. Mix well, warm through. Serve hot!