How chutneys are to most Indians the same is guacamole to Mexicans. It is a refreshing condiment, something on the side for Mexican dishes. It goes well as an accompaniment to most Mexican dishes. Avocados are my favourite fruit, it goes so well with everything and is absolutely nutritious.
Guacamole is prepared in a number of ways. Here I have illustrated the most common simplest recipe for guacamole. Though it sounds scary and difficult to make once you know the ingredients one can probably make this in their sleep 🙂
Serve this with spinach cheddar muffins, jalapeno corn bread or with mix veg enchiladas.
It goes well even with chilli non carne or quesadillas. All of these recipes are available on FOI. Click away and cook away!
Enjoy making Mexican recipes at home! Try something else for a change 🙂 Do try other dips like hummus.
- 1 peeled avocado
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 grated clove of garlic
- ½ finely chopped tomato
- ¼ Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 deseeded, finely chopped fresh or jarred jalapeno (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Take the avocado into a bowl. Mash up with a fork to the consistency you like. Some like it chunky whereas some like it smooth and mashed
- Add onions and grated garlic
- Drop in chopped tomatoes. Mix well
- Add chopped jalapenos and mix well
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well
- Squeeze in lime juice
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve chilled
Adjust seasonings as you like
Guacamole Dip Stepwise:
Take the avocado into a bowl. Mash up with a fork to the consistency you like. Some like it chunky or some like it smooth and mashed